Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lazy August days

3am bedtime. Movie marathons. Staying away from the heat. Midnight bike rides. Re-arranging my apartment. Udon for lunch. Pictures on the wall. Sleeping in. Red wine. Re-organizing my closet. Baking cookies. MUJI marshmallows. French toast with honey and cinnamon butter. Mmmmm. Late night runs to Takamatsu for gin and tonics. I think I'll survive.


This week has been quiet. Honestly it's too hot and humid to do anything at all. For the first time in my life I have a killer tan. Everyone who remains in Marugame (a handful of people left Japan after their contract ended) is slowly adjusting to a new routine. I've been spending a lot of time on my own, and surprisingly not minding it too much. Meeting up with the other lost souls over lazy weekday lunches, and meeting the new people in town. Changes, changes.

In other news, how cute is my local train?


I miss my besty! But congratulations to her, she landed a fantastic job in London :)

6 comments:

thevoyageofv said...

Changes are good, Viv! (At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.) I need to e-mail you soon, it's time to talk!

{lovely little things} said...

Sounds like an enjoyable August, lazy, relaxing, full of good bad TV and snacks. Enjoy!!

Natalie said...

Ah, the weather - it is so hot, humid, muggy, gross, gray, sticky and rainy here! I am going to Fukuoka next weekend, for the weekend, suggestions on what to do?

nmaha said...

I would love to take my little daughter on that train. Is this common in Japan?

Vivian said...

Yes, I think they often decorate certain train when a movie comes out... although it's the first time I see this! It's quite lovely.

Des said...

I'm glad to see that you are having movie marathons. I'm sure the film scene in Japan is pretty unique.