Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kyoto Love



I'm going to Kyoto for the rest of the week... to meet up with my mom! She and her friend are taking a trip all over Japan, and their last stop is Kyoto, so I'll join them for a few days. I'm very happy to see my mom after six months, and ecstatic to show her my world. I'm hoping she loves Japan as much as I do, and that she can understand why it would be difficult to ever leave this place. Kyoto is such a magical city that I've grown to know pretty well, so I think it will be very, very nice.

8 comments:

Isabel said...

xoxo

A Girl in Asia said...

Sounds fun - it's always great to have your mum visit :-)

Jen said...

Yay! Have so much fun with your mom.

French lover said...

Aww, Japan with your momma <3 Good times !

Nigel said...

Have you decided where you are going to stay yet? Some of my fondest memories are of staying at ryokan in Kyoto...

{lovely little things} said...

How exciting!
Please report back on all the places worth visiting in Kyoto, I'll be in Japan in less than 2 months, so excited!!!!

Vivian said...

Nigel- I'm actually staying in a (luxurious) hotel with my mom, but I've stayed at ryokans before in Kyoto, and you're right, it was AMAZING. I hope to do it again, they're the ultimate Japanese experience... especially in a traditional place such as Kyoto.


Michelle- Of course I'll be happy to report! It's my third time here so I feel like I know the city a bit better now, and there is so so much I still haven't seen yet... I keep wanting to go back my favourite spots!

Kelly said...

how refreshing!! a visit from mom is such a sweet treat :)