Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You know you live in the countryside...



... when the most exciting thing to do at 1am on a Tuesday night is to bike to the 24-hour grocery store in my town. Isabel and I took our matching bikes for a ride, and picked up some tasty treats for breakfast: yogurt, a mango, apples, oranges, granola. We both grew up in big cities, so we think it's hilarious to have this kind of lifestyle now! Sometimes I think it's overwhelming that everyone knows about my daily activities and about everything I do/buy/eat (not only my fellow foreigner friends, but my Japanese neighbours and students).

Yet I think it's pretty nice and quaint, life is so simple, and I'm loving just riding my bike around town. Just little moments like that will create the best memories.

3 comments:

thevoyageofv said...

That's the stuff you remember and look back on with a smile :-)

Isabel said...

:-)
xo

Des said...

Great post. There's nothing like living in a small city.