Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Golden Week



This week marks the start of Golden Week, the most important holiday in Japan. It's the longest public holiday in Japan, and it celebrates a few different occasions, such as the Emperor's birthday and Children's Day.

Golden Week is also the week when most families take trips to different parts of Japan to visit relatives or to go sightseeing. In other words, it means crowded trains, no-vacancy hotels, and well, people everywhere. I decided to live on the edge and hit my favorite spot in Japan...

Tokyo!

I have the best excuse to go, as two of my friends from Montreal are coming to visit, so we'll spend a short weekend together in Tokyo. And oh, Tokyo on a budget for me... overnight buses, no shopping and staying with friends! I think it's all worth it, just walking around Tokyo gets me high, and gets me into a frenzy. I'm so excited to see my friends from home, it's been so long, and it will be amazing to show them my world.

Oh, Tokyo, how I've missed you!

8 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh to be in Japan during a holiday must be a treat!! Enjoy!!

Jen said...

Yay for Tokyo! I'm so glad you're going to visit your friends from home. Hopefully it will help ease your recent shock and set you back on track. Plus, you're going to have so much fun!

Saara said...

enjoy your vacations!!!!

French lover said...

Tokyo. Ha. I want to go back so bad. Je radotte, je sais. Mais j'y pense tellement souvent en ce moment. Bois un latté à ma santé au Starbucks de Shibuya :)

k. said...

Have fun! (As always when reading your blog) I'm jealous!! (:

x, K

Nicole Marie said...

the boy???? excuse me how did i miss this??

Des said...

It sounds like a great city.

Heriberto said...

先告訴自己希望成為什麼樣的人,然後一步一步實踐必要的步驟。........................................