Tuesday, March 2, 2010

When Korea meets Japan

Last week was the most fun, girlie talk and coffee-filled time I've had in a long time. Claire and Jaclyn, two of my closest Seoul friends, came to spend a few days with me in Japan. It was fun to show them my new life here, and to reminisce about our best memories of Korea. It was so lovely to hang out with both, so much laughter, gossip, and hours spent getting ready in my tiny apartment. My little room was filled with futons, bags, makeup, clothes, hairbrushes, and perfume, and it was just the best. We stayed up late chatting, and had long, lazy mornings having tea and pancakes. I showed them the wonderful castle and Ritsurin garden, we went shopping in Takamatsu, and we ate loads of udon and rice cakes. My Japan friends all came over for wine and my two worlds met. Sometimes Korea seems like ages away, even though it was just last year, but so much has changed in my life.

It was such a wonderful past couple of days, and my apartment feels empty since they left!

{My lovely girls}


{Polaroids}


{How cute is this little boy?}




{Indulging in spicy Korean ramen... oh I had missed it!!}

{Another party in my tiny tiny flat!}

3 comments:

DiamondsandTulle said...

Hi Vivian! I'm also Vivian! Found your blog thru Cupcakes and Cashmere b/c I always see another Vivian and today you were right before me so I thought I'd see who it was. Great inspiring blog! I'll be following now to see your adventures!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Oh I'm so glad your friends from Korea got to visit, and that they all hung out with your friends in Japan! It's wonderful when your groups of friends can hang out and enjoy each other's company.

How long are you staying in Japan? It seems like you've been there for so long, but then no time at all at the same time.

melanie lace said...

That's so nice you got to hang out with old friends!