Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sundays and Mondays

Why I love Sundays...




{Long bike rides in the countryside. Sunny spring days. Hanging out with this boy and eating his food. Fun train rides. Sleeping in. Homemade pancakes, baked apples and coffee. Japanese lessons.}

And yes, the sign on the bike says 'Marugame'... as my visiting friends said, "Everything in Japan is so cute and tiny"! The bike ride was so nice and picturesque, until my bike got a flat tire... right in the middle of nowhere. It literally got fixed within twenty minutes thanks to the generosity of Japanese country folks (and the Japanese language skills of my companion... not mine!). Although I can now proudly make a full sentence in Japanese, I still cannot say too much beyond "I like coffee" , "Vivian's cat likes cheese", and "Does this train stop at Marugame station?". Working on it!


Why I love Mondays...



{Takamatsu. Big city day trips. My weekly Starbucks and Muji fix. Cooking dinner with friends. Running at the castle. Studying Japanese. Hanging my laundry outside.}

Mondays are usually off for me, which is nice... even though it's raining every single Monday! I usually take a day trip, but lately I've been saving up for a bigger weekend trip to Hiroshima or Osaka during spring break. And perhaps some shopping... I know I rarely talk about fashion anymore, and for obvious reasons... living in the Japanese countryside has exposed me to some of the most horrible styles I've ever seen! But in a way, I think it's good, because I don't really feel 'pressured' to always look trendy (not that I'm giving up on style... oh no... never!).

13 comments:

Isabel said...

Gah, I worry that I will fall into Marugame habits and become a bad dresser! Your weekend sounds lovely :-)
<3
xo

Jen said...

So jealous of your Sundays! They are much more pleasant and delightful than mine!

Saara said...

amazing!!

{lovely little things} said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Cute bicycle.

mello said...

I would give ANYTHING to live in Japan.

Le sigh.

c:

Madeleine said...

love it.

i really, really, really want to visit japan. happy of your life :)

wishful nals said...

sundays are the best! xo!

Walk The Sand said...

That yellow bike is awesome.
x

Creatively Challenged said...

so..is this the same boy that vivian likes? who is this boy???

Awesome Sara said...

awww thanks vivi about the me making u laugh so early in the morn. glad i could help!

Des said...

It sounds like you are having a great time, and there is nothing better than a good cup of coffee from Starbucks on a Monday.

melanie lace said...

Your mondays sound wonderful!

Siran said...

So nice a Sunday in Japan! After everything is settled down, maybe, I can make a plan to visit Japan.