Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Getaway

April is almost here, the cherry blossoms are blooming, and hello Spring Break. It started with a relaxing weekend in Takamatsu: sleep sleep sleep, delightful udon (our local specialty), the best Italian food on Shikoku island (my first Italian food in five months!), a heart-print silk top, red wine, friends, and banana muffins... and will continue on to...

Hiroshima. I've been dreaming about visiting that city for so long, and I'll spend a few days there this week. Just myself and Hiroshima, should be a lovely time... so much history, so tragic, but I've only heard great and positive things about this wonderful place. I'm looking forward to seeing the Peace Memorial Park, Miyajima Island (beautiful shrine in the water and tons of wild deer to pet!), the museum and castle... and hopefully I'll eat the famous Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki and find some local tasty delights. Everything about this trip is quite exciting, including the long train rides and the youth hotels... yes, it doesn't take me much.


{I heart spring}

6 comments:

thevoyageofv said...

Sounds lovely. It's so nice to get away on your own. Very relaxing and you get to take things at your own pace. Also, even though I can't see the whole top, it looks very cute :-)

Jen said...

Oh have fun in Hiroshima! I hope you get to post lots of pictures, because I would love to see it. Enjoy your spring break too. :-)

{lovely little things} said...

Can't wait to hear about all the sights + sounds of Hiroshima!

Saara said...

I also want to hear (and especially see pictures) about all trips and everything! Your life is so exciting!

Coffee_c said...

Enjoy it my friend. I wish you have a wonderful time! I love that you are taking time to appreciate what you are living right now. It's beautiful to see and read.
Miss you, xxx
Annie

Isabel said...

Vivian :-) I can't get onto facebook - think they block it here in Vietnam.
Just dropping in to say that I arrived ok and I'm having an interesting time...though my camera has been stolen which is a right pain.
It's weird being here, I don't know how I feel about Vietnam yet. Have a super time in Hiroshima.

I miss you
xoxo