Karaoke has become an important part of my social life here. I like being in a private room, with a small group of friends, and just go a little crazy. Here is my Top 5 Karaoke songs to belt out:
1. "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey (obvious choice)
2. "1979" by The Smashing Pumpkins (surprisingly difficult to sing actually, everyone just ends up out of tune)
3. "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga (just so much fun)
4. "Wonderwall" by Oasis (such a classic, and brings drunk people together)
5. "How Soon is Now" by The Smiths (the mere thought of singing The Smiths at karaoke in Japan is appealing to me).
I recently learned two very popular Japanese songs, which I love!
A punk-rock classic, "Linda Linda" by the Blue Hearts. It's very easy, you just repeat "Rinda Rinda" throughout the chorus:
And a sappy love song by J Pop band GReeeeN, "Ai Uta":
What are your karaoke favourites?