Thursday, March 4, 2010

Late night creativity

I did it.

I baked cupcakes in my tiny toaster oven.

My friend and neighbour has a real oven, but my late night vanilla cupcake craving needed to be fixed right away. It worked pretty well! I found all the ingredients I needed for the cupcakes, including baking powder, creamy butter, and (priceeeey) icing sugar for the buttercream frosting.

I bought individual cupcake tins, they're so easy to find in Japan. I think they really enjoy baking here! I was worried about the temperature of my toaster oven, but I just used the lowest heat setting and kept an eye on them. I could only bake six at a time, but it was all worth it.




I won't lie, I ate most of them. MOST. I did share a few...

9 comments:

DiamondsandTulle said...

OMG - Your little toaster oven is so cute - I can't believe you made cupcakes in it!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

French lover said...

Oh yum ! these look good !!

thevoyageofv said...

Well aren't you just a mini Martha :-) I can't believe you get by without an oven! But I guess you don't really need one! Good going, but now I'm just mad that you made me hungry for cupcakes...

~ Lopa said...

OMG, you made cup cakes in toaster oven?
O wouldn't have even think about it, that is indeed creative :)

Jen said...

Amazing! I had no idea you could bake cupcakes in a toaster oven! I guess it does make sense though, it's just a mini-oven... So glad you were able to get your late-night baking fix. I couldn't imagine living without an oven for so long.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I'm so impressed!!!! love that!

Rosemary said...

Awesome! At my old office, we used to bake in the toaster oven all the time--goodies came out surprisingly well.

{lovely little things} said...

Cupcakes in a toaster oven - impressive! No idea is was doable, good to know.

t said...

they're so cute! I bet they were delicious. :)

http://initialed.blogspot.com