Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Found

Things I found this week:

1. Hiragana and Katakana practice book. I feel like a kindergarten student, but practicing my reading skills and strokes is very helpful. I know almost all of my kana by now, and I'm planning on mastering it within a few weeks! And oh, a fantastic chicken + spinach sandwich recipe I copied from my boy... friend. (unfortunately mine wasn't as delicious).


2. Uniqlo. One of the best things about Japan is Uniqlo. To us Westerners, Uniqlo is this trendy Japanese shop. In truth, Uniqlo in Japan is like Wal Mart for us back home. You can even find them in the countryside... my town has a Uniqlo in the midst of rice fields! They do have the BEST jeans. Very very cheap, and better fitting than any 240$ pair I've ever tried on. Skinny jeans, anyone?


3. Apple pie. I did not find it, but three of my closest friends and I got together for a night of baking apple pie. I love how a boring Wednesday night turned into an impromptu fête, complete with dirty martinis, tequila shots, and a dance party in the tatami room.


4. Birthday parcel. One of my dearest friends from home sent me the most amazing birthday parcel, containing enough Nars + Smashbox to make a girl's head spin, a darling charm bracelet, banana-scented hair products, and Mac 'n Cheese. Lova ya K!

7 comments:

Isabel said...

Uniqlo jeans are the best jeans ever. Cheap cheap + skinny skinny. They stay skinny too, even after multiple washes ahh!

The chicken and spinach sandwich sounds divine. <3
xo

thevoyageofv said...

Ok, all of those things are awesome. Uniqlo, Nars, apple pie (mmm...) but I'd just like to draw attention to the "boy... friend" statement you snuck in there. Sneaky :-)
E-mail me!

passport in my pocket said...

your apple pie party sounds like a blast :)

微笑每一天 said...

thank you for you to make me learn more,thank you∩0∩

{lovely little things} said...

I had a hiragana and katakana workbook just like that one!

maeghan said...

Birthday parcel?! Happy birthday whenever your birthday is/was! Wish we had a Uniqlo here... And I love the "boy...friend" comment. I expect to be filled in soon! :)

kirstyb said...

that apple pie looks fab xxxx