Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tokyo Lash Bar

Japanese girls are obsessed with fake eyelashes, and to be honest, I've always been a bit curious about them. Flipping through the pages of Vivi and seeing gorgeous models with furry lashes always make me secretly want them. When in Rome...

Turns out one of my Japanese friends does eyelashes, and she thought it would be interesting to try them on a foreign girl. I excitedly agreed, even though I was a bit scared to look like a clown or a tranny. I like the results! I think it's kind of fun and natural enough, as if I put on loads of mascara. My Japanese friends kept exclaiming 'kawaiiiiiii' so hopefully it's good.




{I did trim them a bit when I got home so it looks a lot more natural}

5 comments:

mina said...

They have a lash bar in Winnipeg. I wanted to get them for the wedding, but thought I might be allergic to them (b/c I am allergic to everything). They look fab. I wonder if they cost more in Japan on Canada. The demand is probably greater there. Those crazy Japanese girls.

Melan said...

they look really nice and natural, give a really nice shape to your eye !

French lover said...

Aaah SO cool ! I really wanna try fake eyelashes, I'll get me some Shu Uemura one of these days ^_^

Kelly said...

what a fun idea!! i wish we had those here in california. they look so really and pretty. a nice feminie touch to an everyday look!

Awesome Sara said...

u look pretty!!! asian ppl love fake eyeslashes bc they dont have any. its strange...