Monday, February 22, 2010

24 hours in Osaka

Quick trip to meet my dear friend Jaclyn... Yes, my neighbour/friend/coworker in Seoul! Twenty four short hours in one of Japan's most bustling cities. I love Osaka. It's alive, it's grungy, it's chaotic.

Shopping, trying on (too cute) Japanese clothes, catching up on our bunk beds in the hostel, drinking Sakura drinks at Starbucks, clubbing in Namba, girl talk over gin and tonics, dancing to late 90s dance hits, Mexican food, a sleepy bus ride (or two), Korean snack foods, and lots of fun. So long Osaka, I had to quickly be back in Marugame to work, but Jaclyn is coming to my town in a few days... along with another Korean friend of ours, my co-teacher Claire! So spontaneous and surprising, and I'm so excited to show them my little life here.



4 comments:

{lovely little things} said...

I am so jealous of your life in Japan, it sounds so exciting all these new adventures. Thinking of coming between July 12-28, departing in and out of Tokyo..stay tuned for details!

thevoyageofv said...

Just a quick trip to Osaka, what a life, eh? :-)
I loooove hearing about all these different places in Japan, since Tokyo gets all the attention!

Ro said...

Love the pictures, it's like you could almost see the frenetic energy in the city in them!

Des said...

Whoa, Osaka sounds like a great city.