Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My new best friend



My cute little bicycle. I picked it for it's creamy, buttery color that reminds me of custard and cupcakes. It's a typical Japanese city bike, with a basket that's perfect for shopping, and it locks up on the back wheel. I hate leaving it outside at night, and I've missed it all day. I rode it around Marugame all night last night, picking up sweets along the way, and discovering more of my town. I actually purchased the bicycle at the supermarket, and got it registered in case of theft. I'm thankful I ran into my friend who speaks fluent Japanese, he helped me set up all the paperwork... and the bike was mine! My lovely friend Isabel has the same bicycle, but in blue. I'm just so happy to be able to ride it around and see more of Marugame and discover nice little places... I love my bike... and Marugame is my oyster.

8 comments:

French lover said...

Ahhh I love it :D So freakin cute.

Jen said...

I love your new bike, Vivian! I would trade my old mountain bike in for a bike like that any day! It would be perfect to take out to one of the islands around here and spend a summer day riding around.

Saara said...

It is really cute :) For the next biking season I just have to get a basket! I remember when I was as an exchange student in Milan, that the day I started biking around the city I saw so much more :)

Notes From A Ragamuffin said...

What an adorable bike! Riding in style is the only way to go.

I enjoy your blogs!

{lovely little things} said...

It's the most adorable, perfect color EVER! Makes me want to go out and pick up a bicycle.

Now you can really explore the depths of Shikoku!

Nicole Marie said...

how cute!!! little basket and everything!!

mina said...

adorable!

kimcard said...

look very enjoy So happy.