Monday, January 4, 2010

A Birthday in Japan

January 4. My birthday...

Tokyo to Shikoku. Heaps of Krispy Kreme. Harajuku shopping. Faux-fur. Champagne. Starbucks in Shibuya. Matcha lattes. Karaoke birthday fun. The Smiths 'How Soon is Now'. Origami cats. Caf├ęs, cake and chocolate. Milkfed heart socks. Train rides. Kissing. Friendships. Movies. Takamatsu at night. Text messages, emails and phone calls from far away. Shinkansen. Izakaya food and drinks. Dancing until dawn. Madness. Tim Tams. Hello Kitty Shibuya. Laughter. Parcels and birthday cards in the post. Cozy pubs and sofas. Photos. No sleep. Lost in Translation. Hearts. Caramel tea. Sparkly tights. Spiralling and tumbling. Morning glory.







My birthday in Japan.

Turning 30 is not bad. Not bad at all... I'm happy I'm in Japan, there is no place I'd rather be right now.

15 comments:

French lover said...

Aww happy birthday !!! <3

{lovely little things} said...

Happy Birthday Vivian, sounds like it was a fantastic day!

Rita said...

vivian! i can comment on your blog. i had no idea...am creating a blog for my brother and here i am. caramel tea sounds lovely, so does your birthday. kissing??????? details ;)

Daniela said...

Happy birthday Vivian! sounds great

Vivian said...

Rita Bee!!!!! <3

Email!!

Nicole Marie said...

happy happy happy birthday vivian!!

Des said...

I hope you had a very happy birthday!

Coffee_c said...

Like Rita Bee, I noticed the kissing...and morning glory.

EMAIL PLEASE!!! lol
Au pire, tu feras un copier-coller de l'autre!

xxx
Happy birthday again. 30 is scary at first, but it's good after you get used to it. ;-)

Vivian said...

Annie!!! Morning Glory as in the Oasis song!!!

But I do owe you some explanations. You'll love it.

nifer said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope turning 30 for me is as content as it was for you! I'm really really happy for you, like tickled happy!

Kelly said...

Amazing! Just like you! This post is terrific and perfect! sounds to me like a wonderful birthday.

again, happiest of birthday wishes to you :)
xoxo

aaron thomas smith said...

Morning glory...v.v. don't touch the white stuff over there!!

Vivian said...

I honestly meant singing that song at karaoke!!
Don't read too much into it...

anna bu said...

happy biiiirthday girl!

bisous
annabu
http://justbuit.blogspot.com

seasonal lust said...

im sorry i havent been keeping up but i must read every juicy morsel of your life when i get some time tonight with a nice cup of tea and my favorite nightie; your blog is always a treat, and its gotten so much more exquisite with time.

Happiest birthday to the most inspiring girl i never met!

the pictures are delicious.