Friday, December 18, 2009

Small town girl

Making friends in a small town is much, much easier than it is in a big city. Marugame only has one train line and one train station, so you're bound to run into another foreigner one day or another. Although I felt like I may be the only foreigner in my little town, turns out there is a dozen of us here.

Making friends is also easy when the girl who previously occupied my apartment had tons of friends, to whom she pre-introduced me (thank you!). I always get a bit surprised when people come up to me in the train or in the street, telling me: "you must be Vivian, the new girl in Marugame"!

Everyone has been so friendly and eager to plan activities, and they seem to be a pretty closed-knit community- throwing parties and various events. I am starting to see how Marugame is a really fun place, with fun people and so much to do.

Tonight is the farewell party at the foreigner bar, unfortunately closing down. I'll get to meet everyone else I haven't met yet, and celebrate the holidays Marugame-style!

4 comments:

{lovely little things} said...

That's nice you have the small-town network, definitely easier to meet friends than in the big city.

Nicole Marie said...

aww how nice!

Daniela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
seasonal lust said...

you're the "new girl in town"! how nice and sweet!