Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas from Japan



It's the second year in a row I spend Christmas away from home. As much as I miss a family Christmas with my mom's cuisine and treats, Christmas abroad can be a lot of fun, and very relaxing. I'll have a quiet Christmas in beautiful, warm Shikoku. Hiking, movie nights, home made meals, wine, cookies, temples, castles, and more movies are on the agenda. All that in wonderful company.

The real Christmas magic will happen in Kyoto... Kyoto the loveliest city in Japan. Kyoto in the wintertime, beautiful illuminations, more temples, and tea ceremonies with Geishas. Magical.

And, to top it off, a trek to Tokyo to ring the new year in style. Shopping in Harajuku, concerts, dancing, cupcakes, karaoke, birthday party... all over Tokyo craziness. Lost in Translation style.

Merry Christmas from Japan! xo

18 comments:

{lovely little things} said...

Have fun in Kyoto, sounds magical!
Merry Christmas

mina said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great one!

maeghan said...

Your Christmas sounds like it'll be wonderful. I hope you'll take lots of pictures, because I'll enjoy seeing them all!

Nicole Marie said...

love the antlers! :)
sounds like you won't be lonely at all !!
merry christmas!!

Saara said...

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

nifer said...

Merry Christmas, Vivian! I'm so glad you're going to have such a wonderful Christmas and New Year's, despite being away from home!

Kelly said...

you're so cute!!! you and your antlers!!! merry christmas, vivi!!

melanie lace said...

Merry Christmas from NY. Love the hair accessory!

Emily said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time exploring your new city.

Life Abroad said...

Merry Christmas! I hope the holiday season in Japan is wonderful!

French lover said...

Joyeux Noƫl ! It sure is going to be a very special one :) <3

Staci M.W. said...

Oh Christmas in Japan! Hope you get to have a New Year's Eve snowball fight in Shibuya like I was lucky enough to do!
Meri Krismasu!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

omg, so freaking cute.

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Have a wonderful Christmas in Kyoto---it sounds amazing, I've always wanted to visit! I too will be away from family, but in Washington D.C. with my fiance. Hardly as glamorous as Japan, but it should be fun : ) I've spent two Christmases away from my family---one in Mexico City another in the south of France and it's always a bittersweet feeling. I missed all the American holiday hoopla a twinge, but appreciated how other cultures celebrate. In France especially everything was festive, but toned down ten notches. It was modest and refreshing. Can't wait to hear more about Kyoto. Merry merry to you!
XX Kate

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

your hair is too cute! have a wonderful Christmas...sounds like it will be perfect.
xoxo alison
www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

Coffee_c said...

Merry Christmas my dear friend! xxxxx

Grace said...

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Love Grace.

Daniela said...

Hey Vivian, this is Daniela, from my new blog. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! Sounds like you'll have a great time.