Monday, December 28, 2009

From Shikoku to Kyoto

Merry Christmas again! Hope it was filled with joy and love. Mine was filled with friends, cake, champagne, live music and Japanese gardens.

The party was taken to Osaka the next evening, where we pulled an all-nighter at a sophisticated club, dancing and drinking and meeting people from all over the world.

After some Starbucks and a short Shinkansen ride, I made it to Kyoto... Kyoto, my love. The most magical place in Japan. Green tea, hot baths, Ponto Cho alley, fresh sushi, the Golden temple, more exquisite gardens, temples, shrines and ponds too beautiful for words. Alone in Kyoto. Kyoto full of happy summer memories. So hard to forget.

It was lovely not to feel like a tourist this time around. I live in Japan now, which I came to realize as I could understand the bus announcements and read some signs and feel at home. Walking with my headphones instead of holding a map. Reminding myself I'm living my dream, that it's okay I gave up on some other ones to achieve this one.

Tokyo tomorrow. More fun, and new memories to create.

6 comments:

nifer said...

Sounds absolutely magical! Good for you Vivian!

Nicole Marie said...

"Walking with my headphones instead of holding a map. Reminding myself I'm living my dream, that it's okay I gave up on some other ones to achieve this one."

i love it. i'm so jealous of these adventures of yours. but so thrilled how happy you are. can't wait to see more pics!!

seasonal lust said...

"I'm living my dream, that it's okay I gave up on some other ones to achieve this one."

you are so inspirational.

hope you had a lovely christmas as well!

Stephanie Catherine Tatyana Morris said...

I'm so happy for you Viv. Seriously.

aaron thomas smith said...

v.v., did you really give up on those other dreams? Or just put them in the backseat for this ride?

{lovely little things} said...

What do you like better- Tokyo or Kyoto, I hear they're so different but equally likable. Curious to hear your point of view.