Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December

I'm finally back in touch with the rest of the world... thanks in part to my new iPhone! There is a special promotion going on now in Japan, and it's much cheaper than back home.

Getting it was a bit difficult though, as mobile shops don't easily let foreigners sign contracts (many foreigners tend to leave the country without paying their bills!). I was lucky enough, and a kind co-worker of mine who speaks fluent Japanese helped me set everything up. I am loving it! I can call and text (for free, to other Softbank users) my friends all over Japan!

That made my day. And oh, I received a fun welcome package from my prefecture, explaining how everything in Japan works, and warning me about earthquakes and typhoons!

Today was so warm and sunny- such a treat for a Canadian. It really doesn't feel like December, and I spent all day sightseeing and shopping (some essentials for the apartment at Muji).

As I was riding the train over the rice paddies and near the sea, I couldn't stop thinking about how grateful I am to be where I am now. And how happy I am with my decision to leave everything behind... and come here.

Pure bliss.





6 comments:

French lover said...

Yay for iPhones. I absolutely love mine ! I can't wait to see a list of everything you bought at Muji.. You're going to make one, right ? ;-)

Vivian said...

I will I promise!! Glad you love it as much as I do!!

Nicole Marie said...

how exciting!! i'm so happy for you! ou just seem so happy. but seriously watch out for those typhoons!

{lovely little things} said...

Everything sounds so new and exciting, keep up the stories of all your adventures!

Kelly said...

i'm SO glad that this transition is going so well for you! you make me jealous!! i want to head over there!!

Coffee_c said...

Oh sweety! I think you have the absolute right mindset now. Every day, you have to stop and realize where you are and be grateful about it. YOU made it happen and I'm so proud of you!!!!
Keep on posting about it. I love to read. Sorry I haven't been very available these past few weeks. Life here is crazy...
xxxMiss you