Monday, November 9, 2009

And, it starts.

{First day of training}

{Got loads of tissue paper samples in the street}

{Eating breakfast. Better pictures coming soon I promise}

First training day.

My fellow trainees and I showed up at the training center this morning, all dressed up in our finest business attire. First training day was rather easy, they told us all about how our schedule works, and all about living in Japan. It was very comprehensive, and I wish we had that kind of training back in Korea. I remember struggling and trying to figure everything out, like banking and setting up the internet.

Here in Japan, everything is just more organized and detailed, and I left with a thick binder containing all the information I would need about life in Japan. I know the next days are going to get quite intense and difficult, but our group is fun and I'm loving life in Japan so far.

Yesterday all three of us girl from the group hit downtown to do some shopping. I happily reunited with Uniqlo, and found that Zara has a much better selection than back home! Lovely, warm Sunday spent in crowded Nagoya.

I'm glad to be surrounded with people during those first few weeks, I think it prevents me from having little meltdowns and feeling too lonely. I'm definitely not homesick, and I feel so much lighter. The past few weeks (even months) back in Montreal have been so stressful and kind of painful, and being in Japan I feel so removed from all the drama, even though I dearly miss my loved ones.

5 comments:

maeghan said...

Hope your first training day is fantastic, Vivian. Kick ass! :)

nifer said...

Good luck over the next few days with training and getting ready to move to your new location!

~ Jen

The Lil Bee said...

I have been gone for so long...I had NO idea you were moving to Japan until my friend Melanie (devoted reader!) told me this morning. Congratulations, mama!! This is so exciting. I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures:) xo

Emily said...

What a stark change from when you went to Korea. Good luck in your weeks of training. You have taught before so you have a distinct advantage.

seasonal lust said...

why are japanese people so obsessed with tissue paper??

im glad so far everything is going well for you. like a extended vacation from drama and a fresh clean slate!