Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thirteen days to go

Thirteen days to go.

Thirteen days until Japan. Until a month-long stay in Nagoya, where I'll get a two-week training, and some vacation time before starting my position in December. Some fellow teachers posted pictures of the Nagoya training accomodations, and it looks nice. My possible city is also a ferry ride away from the beautiful Kobe, so I'm dreaming about fun weekend trips. Not really prepared about what's awaiting me, but excited nonetheless.

Thirteen more days in Montreal. Trying to see all my friends, go to my favourite cafés, and eat my favourite foods. Living my regular life, pretending I'm not going anywhere. Going to the gym, taking the bus to work, going for long walks at the mountain, cooking meals and watching movies in my little white apartment. Saying goodbye to the city I loved and loathed in the past few months. Not sure if I feel sad, or relieved to escape Montreal. And ecstatic about living my dream. A bit of everything, I guess.

13 comments:

mina said...

Good luck with everything! I know exactly how you feel - and I know that you will love being in Japan. This is so exciting!

Lisa said...

Oh so soon! Enjoy your last few days and the snow/rain/hail?!! :)

Don't forget to eat a poutine or two before you leave... ;) I think it's the food I missed the most when I was abroad (how very classy of me, I know hehe) !

Life Abroad said...

Wow you must be getting so excited! I can imagine how nerve-wracking it would be not knowing what to expect, but I guess that just adds to the fun of it all!

Enjoy your last few days in Montreal!

Staci M.W. said...

Hi Vivian,
Just found your blog via The Lil Bee...wondered what program/school you'll be working for in Japan.....I lived/taught there myself for a year....

Vivian said...

Oh, did you?? Were you with JET programme?

I'm with a private company... but email me!! i'd love to hear about your experience... where did you stay??

morelli.vivian@gmail.com

melanie lace said...

This all sounds so exciting. It's a once in a lifetime experience, and I'm jealous! I look forward to reading more about your adventure in life. Good luck with flight- ambien, ambien, ambien!

Saara said...

I have 13 days left until my boyfriend visits me in my homecountry for the first time :)

Nicole Marie said...

so exciting!!! gosh time is flying i feel like it was just yesterday you told us you were jetting off in a few months.

RICHARRD said...

Hey, my friend is an avid reader of your blog, and she recommend me to read. Pretty cool. I am actually in Tokyo right now, and about to start modeling with the Exileshype agency. Just met the designer Henry Holland last week, pretty exciting.

Bali Beach Bunny said...

oooh japan. jealous. want too badly to get there soon. make the most of your last 13.

Kelly said...

i can't believe it!!! (although i know that today you are way closer than 13 days).

i have nothing but happy & positive thoughts for you and am sending good luck wishes your way!!

danielle said...

I read your guest blog on the lil' bee and dropped by for a visit. :-) Yes, what company are you with? I'm assuming not JET if your orientation was in Nagoya. My husband and I are actually very close to Nagoya! I've been here about three years! If you need anything or have any questions at all let me know :-D

Vivian said...

thanks danielle!! i'd really appreciate it!! could you email me your email address? i cannot access your profile...