Friday, October 9, 2009

A few notes

"For relaxing times, make it Suntory time" Could use that now.

Huh? In one year, I'll be able to decipher this menu.

#1 Note to self: When having a passport or visa picture taken, do not pull your hair back in a ponytail. The idea seemed great, and even looked good in the mirror. You know, just following Tyra's tips on ANTM, on how models should look. Unfortunately, for regular folks under neon lighting, it makes us look like serial killers. Now I have to live with that horrible picture for the next four years. But, I did obtain a Japanese work visa, so it's all good.

#2 Montreal has been cold, grey, and rainy. Many harsh reality checks happening lately made me realize that I'm doing the right thing. I've spent the last few months feeling restless and anxious about my decision to go to Japan, thinking it might be wrong, thinking I'm doing something a little crazy. But you know, life is too short to live with regrets, and I need to see more of the world. And yes, maybe I'm a little crazy, but the good kind. I feel completely at ease and happy with my decision now, ready to face all the upcoming challenges, ready to embrace change, and ready to start my love affair with a country I've been dreaming about forever.

#3 About those passport pictures, is it just me?

#4 Pssst: After being a closeted reader of my blog (gotcha!), my good friend L. finally decided to start her own, so check it out... for all things Montreal. I'm loving it, and I'll miss my Sunday brunch partner.

Four more weeks. A bit overwhelmed. I think I'll have to learn Japanese on the flight over there.

12 comments:

CausticBlonde said...

It's definitely just you.

thevoyageofv said...

Totally, the GOOD kind of crazy.
And btw, if you can learn Japanese in just one flight, i will be super impressed.

Kelly said...

hahaha i HATE my passport picture also! it's definitely a mug shot!

oh my, 4 weeks!! so close!

i agree with vanessa, totally the good kind of crazy :)

Nicole Leigh said...

So cool that you are taking a huge leap and moving across the world! I admire your ambition! Good Luck! :)

Madeleine said...

My passport pictures (I have two passports, luckily) are awful! When people ask to see them I just make a joke out of it first and not try to hide it anymore.

Moving abroad might be crazy, but isn't that part of the amazingness? :) Think of all the years in your life, and for these years you get to do something incredible. I can't wait to read all your stories from Japan :)

Rebecca said...

hee hee...all of my passport and id pics make me look insaneo;) maybe tyra should do a show on how to rock an id pic.

Grace said...

You're an inspiration to the people that are too scared to make a huge change in their life. I look forward to hearing all about your new adventures in Japan!

Love Grace.

Nicole Marie said...

hahahha ok

1. i had my hair pulled back for my drivers license. serious mistake.

2. i'm unbelievably jealous and seriously excited for you. you're right, life is way to short to have regrets and to just sit on your butt wondering what if. since adopting my brothers my mom said to me, "everyone thinks i'm crazy, and i'm gad they do." which is so true because if we're not crazy then we're just boring people doing the same old thing. crazy is a good thing!

good luck learning japanese! so you know english and french and soon japanese. i think that should be a kick in my butt to finish learning spanish and that's not nearly as difficult as french or japanese!

thanks for the love today. i'm sitting in the waiting room and supposed to be writing papers but just not gonna happen haha.

sorry for the long comment. guess this should have been an email :)

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

knowing that I could decipher that menu in a year would be so freaking exciting.....damnit, i need to learn another damn language

Fashion Chalet said...

You're the sweetest girl, thank you :) and tell me, how are Passion Pit in person!?!? <3




x

Awesome Sara said...

japanese? awesome!!! u can seduce me in another language...

Clarity said...

I got my passport photo "Portrait" done it's not cheating, it's sense.

While neon makes you look like Hannibal (so you say) neon makes me look 12 and pouty - yeesh.

Your caustic friend is caustically funny.