Saturday, October 31, 2009

Au revoir, Montréal

The past few days have been a whirlwind... a whirlwind of goodbyes, of things to take care of, of things to put in my suitcases. I have a new, long awaited hair cut (probably the last one in a long time, considering my fear of stylists abroad), a suitcase full of shoes (only shoes), a pocket full of yen, a one way ticket to Tokyo, and some new clothes and (more) shoes thanks to my mom, who spoiled me like a princess since I won't be home for Christmas... or my birthday.

Saying goodbye to the television world was sad. My lovely coworkers all wrote me sweet messages in a card, and both actors and the crew made a special goodbye for me right on the set... cameras, microphones, and all. Kind of embarrassing, but so nice. I realized the crew is like a big family for me, and the temptation is strong to dip my toes into the television world again, maybe after Japan. But we'll see. One thing at a time.

More packing to do, more friends to see, more decisions to make (which shoes to bring). I'm so incredibly excited for this next step, even though departures are always bittersweet. I will miss Montreal, even though my short in-between stint left me with a bit of a sour taste. But, I'm leaving Montreal with a happy heart, lovely friends, and a stomach full of delicious farewell brunches and champagne.


{Haircut. Zara wool jacket}



{Party ensemble. Sky high heels, and little black dress. Thanks mom for the shoes! She was worried about my walk.}


{My farewell card from work}

10 comments:

maeghan said...

I love reading all about your journey. I'm eager to hear about absolutely everything!

thevoyageofv said...

It's so soon, I can't believe it! I'm totally with you on the suitcase full of shoes, though. But can you image how much stuff you're going to come back with?!

mina said...

Good luck - sounds like you're a lot more organized than we were towards the end. I wish I had a suitcase full of shoes. I have 3. It is going to be difficult. Oh the tragedy.

A Girl in Asia said...

Good luck with the move!!

{lovely little things} said...

Good luck with the move, can't wait to hear about all your adventures in Japan!

Lisa said...

Your party outfit is great! You can never go wrong with black!

And I love how your coworkers all wrote you a card and went out of their way to say goodbye... that is the sweetest thing ♥ I guess you must have done a good job on the set, too ;)

Good luck with packing and enjoy the special times with your friends !

And if you don't post again before you leave, have a safe flight /trip to Japan!

Nicole Marie said...

ahh so exciting!! love the new dress. and can't wait to hear from you once you get there. when do you leave?

melanie lace said...

Good luck with the move. I am so jealous, it's a very exciting time in your life!

Kelly said...

what the heck! i think my google reader isn't working...i've missed all these post!! and a ton of other bloggers' posts as well.

anywaysssss love the outfit and the haircut :)

Lilly said...

You forgot to mention brunches, champagne and Tim Tams ;)