Friday, July 17, 2009

Pink steam

Thank you for your lovely comments about Montreal! I was surprised and excited to see the response, and it made me love my city even more. Last weekend, a friend from New Zealand (but currently living in Tokyo!) arrived in Montreal for the first time, and I happily showed her all the fun sights, the Jazz Festival, the Old Montreal, and we shared some wine and er, cake. Despite the cold, cold, Montreal weather, we had such a great time, and she is in love with Montreal. Here I am, wearing pink (I never wear pink), drinking pink wine (rosé) and eating a pink cake, with my pink fingernails. What's going on there?

Photobucket

In other news, I'm so happy it's Friday, and I'm excited for a weekend full of friends, brunches, cafés, running and hiking, and perhaps more rain, but I don't mind. Rainy days are an excuse to stay in and watch movies all day, no? Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i LOVE all of your pink, it's so fresh and feminine! i still need to visit Montreal since i've never been, but a glass of rose and some cake sounds pretty darn good :)

Kelly said...

you sport pink so well :) and boy that wine and cake combo look divine!

have the happiest weekend and stay warm! and this brunch you talk about...take pics and share :)

Joanna Goddard said...

you're so pretty. have a great weekend! xo

...love Maegan said...

I'm so happy it's Friday too! Happy Weekend! {lovely photo!}

maeghan said...

Your color tastes sound similar to mine. I'm not a big fan of the color pink in general, but it'll pop up on me once in a while when I'm in the right mood. I'll put on something pink, but even if I think it looks okay, I find I don't really like how I FEEL wearing it and I end up taking it off. I have to say the pink looks gorgeous on you, though!

Nicole Marie said...

haha i never wear pink either but lately my nails are always pink and i'm noticing a lot of cute pink clothes! strange!

and i got an urge to visit canada. so i looked up tickets to vancouver because i've always wanted to visit there. and thought , oh and we can take a nice little drive to montreal to visit vivian. and i map quested it... yeahhhh guess i'm not as good with geography as i thought

thevoyageofv said...

Hey, sometimes a girl just needs to wear pink, you know? And might I add, I'm severely jealous of that cake. Ugh...

Vivian said...

thank you!!

pink feels good sometimes! and Nicole, yes it's so far, but if you do come to MTL someday, i'll show you around!!

Clarity said...

Oh that looks adorable, as do you, you actually look French if one can say that? Very chic in pink, wear it often.

That cake, what is that? Do they deliver?

More about old Montreal please, it sounds lovely.

Vivian said...

Thank you!! Well I guess you could say I'm French... French Canadian ;)

The cake is raspberry chocolate mousse.... doubt they deliver, it's a small café, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere, or even better, make it!

I'll definitely try to show you more of MTL :)

Melvin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.