Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kawaii*



I know the M.A.C. Hello Kitty collection came out several months ago, while I was still in Seoul, but somehow I never got around to buying it until now. Yes, yes, make fun of me all you want, but I like the cat!

I'm a little bit crazy about Hello Kitty. And, living in Asia for a year allowed me to fully come out about it, because it's so normal there (it's frequent to see animal cartoons for logos, even for government-related documents, the army, and police). No worries, I'm not that weird about it, I just like the cat. It's cute. It really makes me happy to see the Hello Kitty's face every morning. Pretty chic, no? I'm sure Sofia Coppola would approve.





*Kawaii= cute. Thanks to my fluent-in-Japanese new friend for teaching me useful words!

Photos: flickr

14 comments:

Kelly said...

hahahaha i'm sure miss Coppola would approve :)

i haven't invested anytime in seeing what the hello kitty line is all about. very cute though! might need to check things out now.

WISEREDLIPS said...

i wanttt

Grace said...

That powder is too kawaii to even use!

Love Grace.

P.S. I've tagged you on my blog! Hope you have fun.

Coffee_c said...

Seriously? AGAIN with Hello Kitty?

I am the biggest fan of M.A.C make-up, I've used it for years and I go crazy each time I pass by a store. But knowing that they did a Hello Kitty line is making me sick... LOL

Speaking of M.A.C, you should check out their "travel" line (only available in airports), it's GREAT!!!

xxxAnnie

(PS : No hard feelings about HK I hope, I'm just find the cat ultra cheesy...)

Vivian said...

Haha, I love your comment!! I know you hate that kind of thing... but you know me ;) I swear it's the only cheesy thing I'm into!! You know I have good taste!!!

Vivian said...

Oh, et je t'envoie un email ce soir ou demain!! Je te dois des explications... bon retour en Australie xx

Awesome Sara said...

i love hello kitty anything! i want hello kitty anything too!

anyway i wanted to pop over and say hi. thanks for ur comment on my break up. so we have ballet and heartache. lol... sounds like we are off on a awesome friendship start. lol.... r u over your heartache yet?

Delectable Swank said...

I read about this line somewhere in a magazine, I think it looks so cute! Of course, I'm sure all my friends would laugh at me and call me "so asian" if they knew I had Hello Kitty stuff but who cares? LOL. I bet the makeup is awesome to boot.

Vivian said...

it's great! I now have a healthy glow ;)

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Haha, they definitely love Hello Kitty here. Have you seen the HK-themed weddings? Nuts!

ryder said...

jeeeeeeeeeeeee

so cute

Melvin said...

Really nice...

___________________
Melvin
Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels

alissa said...

i'm going to try and use that word - and ill totally botch it and no one will get it. but im determined haha - it just sounds cute!

OceanDreams said...

I am not a huge fan of Hello Kitty, but I love how they incorporated it with MAC. It was a great way to market it for sure - very cute! I like the new lip gloss. I am a fan. ;)