Friday, July 10, 2009

Fast Times

The other night I needed a bit of comforting, so I revisited one of my favourite movies: Fast Times at Ridgemont High. If you haven't seen it, you must. To this day, I still cannot believe it was filmed in 1982. It's pretty timeless, in the sense that we can all relate to the issues those teenagers are going through in the movie. And the styles.... oh the styles! Didn't Jeff Spicoli introduce the Vans checkered slip-on shoes to the mainstream world? And how gorgeous and fresh-faced were Linda and Stacey... I would even wear most of their outfits today. And the infamous red bikini scene, of course. 

Heartbreaks, working at a mall, and all the high school drama- suddenly made me realize I would not want to go through high school a second time. But come on- who wouldn't want to be friends with Spicoli?! Go. Watch. It.










Images: imdb.com

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man...I've never seen it! I know, right? Fail! Putting it on my to do list for this weekend!

LiLu said...

Undoubtedly Sean Penn's best work.

Nicole Marie said...

i've never seen it!! i know terrible!! i'll netflix it!

Vivian said...

Kelly and Nicole- GO WATCH IT!!! haha.

LiLu- Yes, Sean Penn's best work indeed- he was amazing playing that character.

thevoyageofv said...

Best. Movie. Ever.
Spicoli is the love of my life. "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

Vivian said...

Vanessa- LOL @ the quote!!!!

"surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, you know, a hobby. It's a way of looking at that wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!"

"Where'd you get this jacket? "

Clarity said...

I saw this when I was a lot younger so remember little of it. Is it better than Breakfast Club?

I do remember the surfer with the suncream on his nose, hilarious, I agree, his funniest work.

Anika said...

I will have to check it out...feel ashamed that I haven't seen it as of yet!

Daniel Alejandro Romano said...

Will definitely watch it!, and Yes High School wasn't that easy but it's there in the past!!

Great Blog! I love it!

Street Art & Graffiti Blog

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Gawd, I love that movie. Now I totally need to watch it. Summer + classics from the 80s is perfect.

Awesome Sara said...

I have it a few times. That lady in the red bikini is absolutely stunning!!! And thanks for finding my blog! We are going to be fast friends!! I hate waking up early and I want to forever live at night.

seasonal lust said...

I have not seen this but so am going to now that you've recommended it.

Kristen Sara said...

I haven't seen this, but it's always been on "my list" of movies to see. After your post, it has been moved up to the top!

K @ Blog Goggles said...

I know! Such a great movie. Though I'm not sure I'd want to be friends with Spicoli...