Friday, June 12, 2009

Sonic Friday

Did I ever mention how obsessed I am with Sonic Youth? I own everything they've ever released, I save all of their magazine pictures and articles, and I love everything remotely related to them. (I have the same kind of obsession for Sofia Coppola, and that deserves its whole entry). I was just a baby when Sonic Youth started out, I had a teenage crush on Thurston Moore, and today I'm startled when I see Kim Gordon looking that hot in a minidress. They're all in their 50s now, but they rock. To me, there is no one cooler than Sonic Youth. No better way to start a Friday with a soy latte and some SY... I must get through another 12-hour day.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

oh yea, they're classic. awesome way to start out the friday! hope your day goes smoothly!

The Lil Bee said...

That's how I feel about Pearl Jam.

Rebecca said...

ya know...i've never listen to much sonic youth...but now i'm curious. thanks for the nudge!

thevoyageofv said...

Love Sonic Youth. You've chosen good obsession. And like Melisa, I also feel the same way about Pearl Jam. When I was in high school and Eddie Vedder got married I thought I was going to die :-)
And... I'm with you on the Sofia Coppola thing. She is the coolest.

Melvin said...

wow, great post...
thanks for sharing....


___________________
Melvin
Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels