Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shoe stuff

Most of my friends think a television set is glamourous. But it's not. At all. I'm surrounded by mullets and jean shorts. (And I'm talking about men). Not a very fashionable crew, but a friendly one. So the other morning I was standing by the espresso machine, waiting for my turn (I'm the only one who can make a good latte, so I'm very popular among the producers... hmmm). This crew guy (remember, mullet and jean shorts) suddenly turns to me and says: "I like your boots" (I was wearing my Hunter rain boots). "I noticed you always wear really nice shoes and boots". Surprised, I thanked him and smiled. He then says: "I'm related to Christian Louboutin, you know him? He makes luxury shoes." I was astonished, and asked him if he could get me a pair. He just laughed and said bye. Weird. I kept thinking, did I just talk about Louboutins with a crew guy? That's just a normal day on the set.

PS- I'm still alive. Barely. This week killed me. But we're starting to film on Tuesday, and I couldn't be more excited.
PPS- Thanks to everyone who participated in my Lost in Translation moments, and to those who read them!
PPPS- Click on here to see what my favorite summer picture is. Thank you, Kelly!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

how exciting!! A Louboutin relative??? I would have held him hostage for some shoes :) They're my fave!
i want to know more about this show you're working on...i'm so curious!!

your summer pic was awesome...so enjoyed it!

and PS!!! your comments consistently make me smile and/or laugh out loud. Seriously. I love them!!!

happy weekend! xoxo

Grace said...

Talk about a day!

Love Grace.

thevoyageofv said...

Ummm... Make friends with *that* dude! Really. A Louboutin connection? It doesn't get better.

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Haha, he was totally trying to pick you up :)

Nicole Marie said...

haha that's hilarious. oh and could you have him send a pair to me too. k thanks :)

The Phoenix said...

catching up with your entries. oh how you inspire me to start writing again! mabe one day :) baby go work that mullet! get those shoes! be shameless like your roomie! haha xx

The Lil Bee said...

I mean, if you're sporting a mullet and you're going to name drop Louboutin, you better be able to follow through! Maybe he'll surprise you with a pair? In which case, I'd be psyched but a little nervous...sort of reminds me of that shoe fetish guy, Buster, from SATC...remember?!

Vivian said...

hahahaa Bee- yes, he may be a kind of 'Buster'!!!! Ewwww. he better follow through, though. I like to believe him, I mean he has a mullet and all.

Melvin said...

wow, great post...
thanks for sharing....


___________________
Melvin
Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels