Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I heart Sofia.

I adore Sofia Coppola. I've been obsessed with her since The Virgin Suicides, then fell in love even more after Lost in Translation. She is so classy, sophisticated, elegant, and talented. She is to style what Sonic Youth is to music. I browsed the Paris Vogue she edited too many times to count. I visited the Coppola winery in Napa Valley, and drank the Sofia Mini wine. I tried on clothes from her clothing line Milkfed at the Heaven 27 store in Tokyo (yes, only available in Japan). And every movie she makes is a peek into her personal life. I've watched Lost in Translation more times than it should be allowed, and recreated my own version when I was in Asia. She is perfection in everything she does: writing, filmmaking, photography, fashion design. I heart Sofia. My next step is to own a bag or shoes she designed for Louis Vuitton... or perhaps make a movie first. Or move to Japan. Hmmm.









Images from tFS and I heart Sofia.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

She is pretty rockin'. I'm in love with her new line at Louis Vuitton. I literally went in there and drooled over every peace when it first came out. ah amazing!

Des said...

Truly gifted at pretty much anything creative. She's coming out with a new film next year called, "Somewhere." She is writing and directing this film and it sounds like it has a somewhat similar comedy/drama tone to it like "Lost in Translation."

Dionne said...

She definitely has talent, and I really admire her determination and even her style.

thevoyageofv said...

Did you read my mind this morning? I was just thinking how I wanted to do a post on her! Looooove her. Des, so excited, thanks for that update. Now we have something new to obsess over.

Grace said...

I love the Sonic Youth analogy. Agreed.

Love Grace.

Lauren said...

I love her too! She and Chloe Sevigny are tied for my Number One Girl Crush. She's just so elegant and authentic. And I so desperately want one of her LV bags.

primary colours said...

she is amazing. wouldnt it be great to be married to the lead singer of phoenix too! lost in translation is such a genuinely great movie too! great blog!







much love,

primarycolours.xx

seasonal lust said...

she is a genius with the best taste in music.

she has a winery? wow. now that is something I did not know.

i second moving to japan.

Did you see marie antoinette? I think that is my favorite coppola movie after virgin suicides.

Melvin said...

Amazing pics ...
thanks for sharing...

___________________
Melvin
Lock in your price today for Your favorite channels - and keep it there until 2010!

danceofthecosmos said...

I like Sofia but I love her boyfriend/husband.

danceofthecosmos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.