Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The end of an era


{not too many shoes and handbags anymore}

My roommate is going, going, gone. She is moving to Paris (lucky her), and we're saying goodbye after 2 years of roommate-hood. We were living together before I went for Korea, and we missed each other so much that I came back here after my year abroad. Two years of meals cooked together, watching Friends, late night chats, early morning coffees. I did the dishes, and she cleaned the bathroom (I hate cleaning the bathroom. Ew). She was the best roommate, and she had the best closet. Together we had the most amazing collection of shoes. She made me tea when I was sick, I kept her phone hostage when she was drunk dialing, we went for late night bagel runs, baked cookies at 1am, and did interpretive dances in front of her mirror.

Like Rachel from Friends would say, it really is the end of an era! No more roommies. But now I have a place to stay when I go to Paris!

13 comments:

thevoyageofv said...

So sad :-( It's so weird living without roommates when you're used to having someone around. But start planning that Paris trip! There's no better place to visit.

Nicole Marie said...

awww. so many fun memories! but seriously how awesome to have an excuse to hop on over to paris!!

Emz said...

Awww I'm getting a single next year and I still can't decide if that's a good or bad thing!

Grace said...

This post makes me miss having female flat mates!

Love Grace.

Coffee_c said...

Pauvre cocotte! Je te comprends tellement! Vas-tu chercher une nouvelle coloc ou rester seule (à moins que le chum n'emménage?)
xxxxxx

Tracy-Girl said...

Ohh, that makes me sad... but hey, Paris is awesome. It just means you must visit!

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Ooh, a place to stay in Paris. Can I join??

Life Abroad said...

I just found your blog through the June Bugs feature. I'm so excited to read about your adventures in Seoul and Montreal!

naturally nina said...

i know the feeling.. i still miss my old roommate sometimes! :)

maeghan said...

So sad. I don't have quite the same relationship with my male roommates. They're great, but I totally wish I had someone to share shoes and clothes with. How exciting, though, that you have a place to stay in Paris! Wish I had the same!

seasonal lust said...

friends keep disappearing! I hope you will do ok =)

The Phoenix said...

Pixie! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever written about me. Ok haha- I won't be big headed - the first! Maybe you should move to Paris and write a column! You'll def have a place to stay... until then, I love you, and can't wait to see go bounty hunting somewhere new with you :*

Melvin said...

wow, great post...
thanks for sharing....


___________________
Melvin
Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels