Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On the Hunt

Job hunting is awful! To be honest, I never had to really do it before in my life. For some reason, I was always pretty lucky meeting the right people, at the right time, and things just happening on their own. I'm already going crazy! Looking for a job is a full-time job. I'm trying to get back in my field, but unfortunately nothing is happening before the summer, so I will have to wait.

I'm applying everywhere right now, and I wouldn't even mind working in a café if I need to. I also thought about nice clothing shops to get discounts. The thing is, I don't have any experience at all in sales or food, so I get weird looks when I hand in my resume, employers don't take me too seriously.

So there I am, starting the very bottom of the ladder again. Maybe not totally, but it feels like it after being away for a year. I did find a part-time job teaching English and French to professionnals, although that's not what I had in mind... but why not.

I cannot believe I've been back for a month now! I'm hating Montreal a little bit more every day, and I wish I didn't. I know I have to give it a chance, and keep working hard, and make things happen. And I thought Korea was difficult... Cheers to a better day tomorrow, hopefully :)

10 comments:

Kelly said...

good luck with the hunt! i know it gets discouraging but keep a positive attitude...you'll find something! I hope tomorrow is a better day :)

maeghan said...

Aw, job hunting is not fun, but hopefully the economy is better where you are than it is where I am! My boyfriend is starting his job search next month, and I'm crossing my fingers for him, because the job market is terrible here. I'll cross my fingers for you both. :)

Nicole Marie said...

oh geez good luck with all that! doing the teaching english and french thing for a little bit would sound cool! at least until the summer! and of course retail discounts are amazing :)

thevoyageofv said...

Once again, you and I are in the same boat! I'm looking for work so I can stay instead of having to return to my job in Sweden. It requires so much energy and gets so frustrating because you feel that no one can see how good you'd be. Ugh, annoying. But don't worry, it'll happen when the right fit comes along. I really do believe that.

seasonal lust said...

job hunting is daunting and scary.. all those opportunities for rejecting... =(

somehow i have a feeling that you are moving forward still into something bigger.

why do you hate montreal? is is home isnt it?

Roberte said...

"Vivian" si tu veux voir les photos de Annie va voir le site sur lequel sont ses photos....en voici l'adresse!
http://gallery.me.com/marc723547#gallery

La maman de Annie--Roberte

Vivian said...

Merci maman de Annie, c'est très gentil de votre part!

xx

Tracy-Girl said...

Job hunting is horrible... I just went through it a few months ago! keep your head up - I swear, it will come! good luck!

{lovely little things} said...

Hope it gets easier!

Melvin said...

Nice to see this post...
thanks for sharing....


___________________
Melvin
Call Today for NEXT DAY Instellation to watch your Favorite Channels on HD reciever.