Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Gym in Canada

What a difference. I entered the locker room, and did not have to step over old ladies lying on the floor. The locker room was empty. So was the sauna... I mean, no one eating snacks in the sauna! Wow. My good old gym, that I missed so much. I felt so shy and uncomfortable, though. It's so big, and people are actually working out hard! Not just walking backwards on a treadmill. And girls are wearing cute workout outfits. I was too shy to lift weights among huge guys, but I'll have to get over my fear. It was good to use an elliptical machines, those were nonexistent at my Korean gym. Oh, and there is a bathroom in the locker room! Yes, a bathroom. The other luxury my Hoegi gym did not offer (note: the was a "bathroom" in the building. A squatter. Ew. And the toilet paper was at the front desk of the gym. No shame).

I do miss the little shoes locker, and the uniform. I don't like having to lug my stuff around when I'm shopping or running errands. But it's good to be back at my gym. And, Korea made me lose 7 pounds! Not bad.

5 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

um those conditions sound crazy. i would have never visited the gym in korea, but then again, it clearly worked for you!

Nicole Marie said...

hahaha. so funny. i can just picture them walking backwards on the treadmill.

Kelly said...

oh my gosh I would be so happy to be back at my gym after yours in Korea! hahaha I love reading your stories!

thevoyageofv said...

Hmmm... people snacking in a sauna is reason enough for me to switch gyms! Almost no one uses the sauna at my gym but me, and the few who do go in with all their gym clothes on. Very strange...

xs said...

welcome back. i wish i had found you when you were in korea. i would have liked to read about your experiences while they were in occurence.