Monday, March 30, 2009

And all that free time...

Now that I have a job lined up and my fears relieved, I just have a few weeks of free time to enjoy before starting the craziness all over again :)

It was difficult to enjoy my time off when I was so worried about finding (or rather, not finding) a job. I was always nervous, worried, and quite depressed. Now, on the other hand, is time to fully take advantage of the bliss. I don't feel guilty about going out and having some fun, or spending money on meals out and coffee. I sleep in, go to the gym for long workouts, see all my friends, go sightseeing, read books (I'm loving my new copy of the Sonic Youth biography), watch television series (right now obsessed with The Wire, and SATC all over again, seasons 1 through 6 in loop)!

I'm the kind of person who has always had a hard time with the notion of free time. I never really know what to do with myself, and I always feel bad for not working (I love working long, stressful hours- hello, tv world). But this time it's different. Maybe my time in Korea gave me a new perspective on things, and I want to do more interesting things in my down time. I guess I missed so many things about life at home while I was abroad, and now I'm really embracing the little things I love.

What do you like to do in your free time?

4 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

yay. so glad you're enjoying your time off!

one of my favorite things about school breaks is getting to read fun books! this spring break i read 3 books! it was fantastic!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i'm the same way. when i'm at home, i'm very bad at just relaxing. for me, it helps to plan what i'm going to do in advance (even if that means taking a nap or watching a movie).

thevoyageofv said...

Enjoy it while it lasts! Unfortunately for me, I don't have the same problem with doing nothing. I believe it's called laziness...

Melvin said...

Nice to see this post...
thanks for sharing....


___________________
Melvin
Call Today for NEXT DAY Instellation to watch your Favorite Channels on HD reciever.