Monday, January 19, 2009

When movies become real life

Busy, busy, busy. Between packing, throwing things away, sorting through a whole year, and spending as much time as I can with my friends, I've had little time for anything else. I know I should be planning my return, I should be looking actively for jobs, and I should have a plan. But I don't. I'm just having so much fun lately, and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm trying to soak up Korean culture and the city of Seoul, which I never stopped loving, even during difficult moments. Why am I so sad to leave, so suddenly? Why does Montreal seem like a depressing thought, when a few months ago I dreamed about my return? I already feel the itch to leave again.

The fact that I know I'm leaving for sure makes things more special I think. All of a sudden I appreciate (almost) everything about the culture, and things I usually hate I can now laugh about. I wish I felt like that the whole year.

I thought January was going to be the longest month, I was dreading. But no, it's going by so quickly that I'm panicking. In the meantime here's a list of promised future entries:

*the story behind my decision to come to Korea
*a list of what I'll miss, and what I won't miss
*and, last but not least, a tour (documented with pictures) of my luxurious 3-bedroom palace, which you've all been awaiting.

4 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

hahah yes i definitely want to see pictures of your place! and even more the story of why you decided to go!

have fun packing! i'm sure your family is very excited to see you!

seasonal lust said...

i am eagerly awaiting for the promised entries. =)

Kelly said...

i have to agree with the post above me, i'm anxiously awaiting for those promised entries. good luck with the big move!

Melvin said...

great post....
i like this blog...



___________________
Melvin
60+ Premium movies and sports channel