Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Long weekend

Last weekend was Lunar New Year all over Asia, which is the most important holiday of the year. Families gather together and feast on huge meals, and often go out of town to visit their relatives. Seoul was a ghost town over the weekend, I've never seen it so quiet and dark. Only a few neon lights, and some people walking around. It was nice, as it's probably the only time of the year it gets so quiet.

It's also the perfect time to play tourist, and go back to all my favorite places, and see all my friends. I went out for coffee like, 12 times. I went out for Americanized Chinese food on Chinese New Years (yummy). I went to an art museum. I went out for drinks. I went out for Vietnamese food. For Korean food. And for Italian food. And I drank more coffee. I probably spent most of my time in the subway anyways, but it was so much fun.

5 comments:

shannon said...

if you call it Chinese new year in Korea someone might take you to task for it...it got me in trouble in my adult class my first year^^;;;;

Vivian said...

oh really??? haha i'll be careful! so lunar new year, right?

Kelly said...

i love weekends like these. going out to eat and for coffee is my idea of fun. i think it's a great way to get together with friends and loved ones. sounds like a blast!

♥ fashion chalet said...

I know you like the Pumpkins too :]
thanks so much Vivian. Your comments are always a breath of fresh air, love!!

=]

xxxx

Melvin said...

Interesting stuff...
thanks for sharing....

__________________
Melvin
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment