Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Christmas in Seoul was surprisingly good. Like I said before, Koreans don't really celebrate Christmas, or at least, not the same way we do. They go clubbing and partying, it's not a quiet family gathering.

Aaron and I just stayed in (at my friend's amazing apartment, with her lovely kitten) and ate as much food as we could handle. The night before I ran all over Seoul to pick up hard-to-find ingredients at international markets: cranberry sauce, gravy, Duncan Hines brownies mix, and I couldn't resist a 4$ bag of Doritos, the smallest bag I've ever seen. It was worth every penny, though. Let's just say you don't miss Doritos until you haven't had them for a year!

Christmas morning was spent drinking mimosa cocktails (champagne and orange juice), talking to Aaron's family on Skype, and watching Christmas movies marathons all day long. I baked for the first time in a year (brownies), and it was fantastic. We also had a brief visit with friends from New Zealand and Sweden. It was fun to chat and just be all together on Christmas Day.

I attempted a Christmas feast -the menu: roast chicken with vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, cranberry sauce and red wine. I'm not the best person to be handling food in a kitchen, but it turned out quite amazing and definitely felt like home.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...

ahhh yay!!! so glad you had a good christmas!! that sounds like a great day to me!!

and i LOVE doritos!! i would havebought them too! haha