Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby it's cold outside


Okay I felt major guilt for complaining so much yesterday- today was much better. I guess a bad day in Korea is ten times worse, you have so many cultural things to blame.

Today was the last day of teaching before the Winter break, and I had a little party with my afternoon class- they brought tons of cookies and we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!". The ultimate Christmas movie in my opinion.

Also, the Mac 'n Cheese last night definitely helped. And I'm meeting a friend for coffee later tonight, and I have my plane ticket in hand! We finally made our travel arrangements for February.

The weather is getting colder (which I don't mind, being Canadian and all), and this morning some snow fell. I love how Korean kids get so excited when they see a tiny bit of snow. I think Korea doesn't get much snow, so the kids try to make snowmen and slide. I bet they'd go nuts if they saw the amount of snow we get in Canada. I'm hoping for a white Christmas- to me, Christmas is not the same without snow ;)

1 comment:

Des said...

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas." What a good choice. Oh, and you shouldn't feel guilty at all about complaining. I spent two painful hours with my aunt today listening to her talk about her hip and knee ailments. I just love the holidays! lol.