Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend randomness

I had a pretty low-key Saturday: slept in late, lounged around, then had to go out to find some food. I was craving a specific sandwich, but it's always a bit of a challenge in Seoul- it's such a big city, so commuting time is long. However I don't mind going to great lengths to eat something I love (Mexican food, anyone?). I left the house in a hurry, and it was raining, so I just threw on my navy rain boots and a black jacket. As I was locking the door, I realized I was wearing pink tights and I had way too many patterns going on. I'm a bit self-conscious about drawing attention so I thought I should change. But wait- I'm already standing out so much from being a foreigner, so whatever. I'd never go out mis-matched back home, but I love that about being in Korea- I can wear whatever I want and not feel too weird about it.

On Saturday night I decided to go work out. I thought the gym would be practically empty- I mean, what other losers work out at 10pm on a Saturday night? The stalker, apparently!! Yes, he made his return. I had to run for the whole time on high speed to avoid having him come over and talk (oh, he tried, but I pretended to be to absorbed by my workout). It sucks because I had to make a quick escape, and I didn't get a proper workout. Now I have to be stressed out about picking out a time to work out, so annoying. I don't know what to do!

Despite some annoyances, it was a fun weekend, complete with a Belgian brunch, a fish 'n chips dinner party on Sunday night.... and some damage at Zara.

6 comments:

Savvy Mode SG said...

yah to damage at zara.

Nicole Marie said...

hahaha oh man stalkers suck! but sounds like you had a very nice weekend!

MR style said...

haha

Lisa said...

Sorry about the stalker, there must be something you can do? Tell him you are married, maybe there is something in Korean culture that prohibits weirdos from bothering married women? :)

Vivian said...

Yea, he seems to know I have a boyfriend, but for some reason he keeps trying to chat (he knows about the same amount of English that I know Korean, ie. 10 words) so it's hard to get the message across.

I think I'll just keep going and ignore him, put my headphones on and go on with my workout!

Emily said...

ooh zara has been right on the mark lately! i hope we get to see some of your newest purchases. i'm now craving fish n chips!