Monday, October 20, 2008

116 days left

Days like today make me anxious to go home so I don't have to put up with the school's antics anymore. I was having a perfectly great morning, with a good breakfast (breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, it always cheers me up when I have lots of food) and for once I wasn't too tired. The weather is so perfect these days, so sunny and crisp, I never experienced anything similar close to November. And the mosquitoes are gone, finally, so I can actually sleep and not itch all night.

Then I get to school and once again put up with an incompetent supervisor and it makes me miss my old job, where at least I could look up to my boss and not hear any nonsense. It would take too long to explain how the schools work in Korea, but basically we never hear any good feedback about our hard work. In other words, it's mostly about appearances, about pretending... and pretending. The schools here are more of a business corporation than an actual place to get education. Sad but true.

It's getting very old now, but I only have 2 more months of teaching (one month is a vacation, I cannot complain to much, right?)

And, on a better note, I'm going to Seoul Fashion Week! A Korea friend of mine who studies in fashion (and also lived in Montreal and Toronto) invited me to accompany her to a fashion show, I'm pretty excited. I think it might be a famous Korean designer, I'll definitely take pictures and report on it. Love those perks.

6 comments:

♥ fashion chalet said...

Wow, thanks for your awesome comment. Really looking forward to your vote, too! (Thanks!) ♥


xo/ fashion chalet

Nicole Marie said...

hopefully in 1 year and 6 months i will have the courage to drop everything and move abroad. you give me inspiration

The Phoenix said...

Cherieee! Love the blog, what a good writer you are! Say hi to Sue, I miss you and can't wait to see you again!

Vivian said...

thanks roommie! we'll be reunited in 111 days!! haha.

L. said...

Oh, I love love love your blog.
I came upon it the other night when I was googling korean public baths and I ended up reading the whole thing in one setting! :) I have lived in Japan for a couple of years and always enjoyed going to a public bath house and hot springs. Later when I moved to Singapore, I really missed that part of my life. A jaccuzi at a day spa is just not the same.
So, Seoul is going to be a real treat, I guess, my hotel has a watsu pool which I am really looking forward to. Have you tried watsu? Think a happy couple, the groom carries his bride in his arms and turns round and round. That is what your therapist is going to do with you... in the water!
Thanks again for putting up this fantastic blog! Don't stop writing!
Greetings from Singapore. Lucy

Vivian said...

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoy it! I hope you like Seoul, and I'll definitely try the watsu before I leave!